Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Display Ability

When I began teaching I wasn't sure how I was going to display work. I wanted the work to be noticed and plus I wanted to show the school that this new teacher did know I thing or two about what she was doing. At first I only displayed a handful of the "good" projects from each lesson for each grade. (notice photo below) This was okay.... for about a day after I put it up. Once all the students had a chance to walk by and notice that his or her artwork was not on the wall, I started getting "the questions". "Where's my fish?" "Mine wasn't good enough." "Did you lose it?" and the worst of them all.... "Only the best get to be put up." My heart was broken. But what can I say? I did it to myself. I was only putting the best up. I failed myself and my students. 
    This display antic lasted one time and one time only. After that all the work from a class was put up. I didn't care how bad it looked. The only time I ever stray from this is when work is not finished.

Do you display every piece of work or only the best? Food for thought from ms-artteacher (That Little Art Teacher)

No comments: